Spring Farro Couscous Salad
This is a healthy, refreshing and filling salad packed with protein. Perfect for a light lunch or as a dinner side. I often make a batch on Sundays and store in the refrigerator for a fresh and easy go-to lunch all week!
- 1 cup Farro couscous
- 2 cups boiling salted water
- 1 tbsp Ceppo Antico Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1.5 cucumbers, peeled and diced
- 1 pint heirloom cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 15oz can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/8 cup red onion, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachio or pumpkin seeds (optional)
Combine couscous, boiling water and olive oil in a bowl until all the water is absorbed. Allow to cool and fluff with fork.
In large bowl, add in cucumbers, garbanzo beans, red onion, tomatoes, parsley, mint and cooled couscous. Toss together.
Top with feta cheese and seeds upon serving.