Turkey Sausage & Zucchini Pasta
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- 1 package Primograno Traghitti or Spaghettoni Pasta
- 8 oz turkey sausage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 9.9 oz jar Masseria Mirogallo Tomato & Basil sauce
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 large zucchini, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- fresh basil for serving
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, crumble sausage into large saucepan. Add onion and garlic. Cook over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink, stirring occasionally (drain if needed).
Stir in zucchini and simmer uncovered for 12 minutes or until zucchini is tender, stirring occasionally. Add tomato sauce and pepper flakes and bring to a low simmer.
Top cooked pasta with meat sauce; sprinkle with cheese and fresh basil and serve